Artwork design is a deciding factor when it comes to the success of an outdoor campaign.
We know this process can be stressful, that’s why we decided to create an in-house team composed of the best designers to help you during the most important stage of your outdoor advertising journey.
1. After companies have booked their location/billboards, what are the next steps?
For this reason, the Local Billboard Expert, the Marketing team and the Designers at Billboard Media will guide the client from coming up with initial ideas to turning them into a campaign that reaches its objectives and beyond. As soon as the location/billboard is booked, the artwork designers will define the clients’ needs to supply either a briefing form (if the client wants help creating their campaign) or the spec sheet (if the client already has its design ready or an in-house team to create it).
The artwork designer along with the marketing team will be available during the whole creation process to provide advice, suggestions, and make sure the message will resonate with consumers. Once the client approves the final design, it will be sent to our printers for proofing.
2. How would you advise a company that doesn’t know where to start with the design of their campaign?
This is a common situation, and we know that it’s not always easy to directly come up with the idea that will make people snap a picture of or tell their friends about it. The creation process often requires some time to brainstorm, benchmark, and take inspiration on other previous successful campaigns. For this reason, we will usually send clients examples of campaigns and a summary of the best practices they could replicate in their campaign. We also personally create drafts of mock-up designs for the clients who are unsure about where to start.
3. What are the key elements to ensure the success of the campaign?
We usually recommend keeping the information to a minimum, as the aim is to catch the attention of the highest number of drivers in a short amount of time. Some of the most successful campaigns had in common the following criteria:
- expressed one idea only to communicate the message as quickly as possible,
- gave clear directions to encourage the consumer to take action,
- highlighted the promotion to reach a wider audience,
- creative and fun to stand out and create an emotional connection with the customer.
4. What are the campaigns you enjoy the most working on and why?
Each campaign brings its own creative challenge which we enjoy rising to. Having helped hundreds of clients to create their poster, no 2 days are the same which is what makes this industry very exciting too. If we had to choose, we’d say that working on creating artwork for Estate Agents is enjoyable as their imagery is often very sophisticated and aesthetically pleasing. It helps to make their billboard attractive!
5. Can you share with us 3 examples of different campaigns you’ve worked on?
No matter what you want to achieve from your billboard campaign, our team will help you work out the most optimised strategy in terms of location and size as well as guide you to create the best design that will resonate with customers. To start your journey with billboard advertising email email@example.com or call us on 0845862219.