How Schools Are Using Billboards to Boost Enrolment
Education Institutions often operate like businesses, whether they’re private or government funded academies.
Having said that, their needs are unique in terms of business model and target audience.
Main objectives of a School or College
If you’re a school or college, you’re most likely aiming to achieve at least one of the following:
- Increase enrolment numbers
- Promote a summer programme or open evening
- Secure funding from local or central Government
- Recruit staff for department shortages
Why billboards work
Brand awareness is essential when you’re competing with other schools in your local community. Out-of-home marketing does this best because of:
- Effective location targeting
- High visibility: you can’t block a billboard like you can a digital ad
- Building Trust: using a billboard communicates the faith you have in the institution meaning parents and students will too
How does a school make the most of their billboard campaign?
Here are some guidelines to make your campaign go further and ensure that prospective parents and students know what differentiates you from other schools and academies;
- Design: an eye-catching design with the school’s branding is important to build brand recognition (see our billboard design guidelines here)
- A Clear Call-To-Action: Ensure visibility of Social Media channels, phone number, QR code or website
- Stand-out from the competition: Include a high OFSTED rating, A-level result or student satisfaction rate
- Pair with a social media campaign: a digital presence is essential but it all starts with a billboard!
You can read more about this here: How to use social media with billboards!
Your next steps…
Now that you know how schools and colleges benefit from the use of out-of-home campaigns, it’s just a case of choosing the ideal location so take a look at our April availability here.
For more information on billboard advertising, get in touch with a member of our team!
Call 020 8038 3541 or email email@example.com
Don’t forget to stay up to date with our social media channels.