Camberley is a town located in the Borough of Surrey Heath in Surrey, England. It’s located near the busy M3, which causes thousands of vehicles to pass through Camberley as they commute from Surrey to London each day.
The Borough of Surrey Heath was voted the 6th best place to live in the UK according to a 2007 survey by Channel 4. Since then, many people (and families) have moved to the area where housing and day-to-day living is more affordable, while still being close in proximity to the hustle and bustle of London.
Facts and Demographics
- Camberley is situated in the far West of Surrey (Southeast England) where it lies directly between the A30 national route and M3 motorway (junction 4 exit). It’s located at the northern edge of the Blackwater Valley, 8km north of Farnborough, 13km South of Bracknell, and 27km east of Basingstoke.
- Camberley covers an area of 13.41 square kilomtres
- The population is estimated to be 39,996 people (2020)
- 49.2% of the residents are male and 50.8% are female
- 59.5% of the population are aged between 18 and 64 years of age
- The average cost for property stands at roughly £474,808 (October 2021)
Why Advertise in Camberley?
The M3 motorway traverses through the town of Camberley, where daily heavy traffic is inevitable due to thousands of drivers commuting between Southampton, the South and South-West coast of the UK, and the city of London. The town is also well known for its clusters of car dealerships, retail shops, and builders’ merchants, which makes it an excellent location for these businesses to advertise to new customers!
Activities and Entertainment
The Mall shopping centre sprawls across most of Camberley town centre around the Main Square. It’s filled with a variety of shops, cafés and bars. Camberley has quite a few entertainment places such as a bowling alley, cinema, health club, library, theatre, football club, and many restaurants. The High Street has a large variety of shops, bars, and clubs. There are several popular shopping streets such as Park Street, Princess Way, and parts of London Road.
Other local landmarks include:
- The Mall – The Mall in Camberley has more than 90 shops and is a popular destination for locals and visitors to the area.
- The Pipe Elephant – This white concrete pipe elephant statue is one of the most famous landmarks in Camberley.
- The Jolly Farmer – The Jolly Farmer is a former pub at the junction of the A30 and A325 towards the East of Camberley. It’s named after William Davies after he hanged at this location in 1689.
- Wheatsheaf – The Wheatsheaf is pub to the southeast of the Camberley which known for its distinctive ratchet-wheel design.
- The Royal Military Academy Sandhurst – Despite being named ‘Sandhurst’, the Military Academy is in fact located in Camberley.
- Camberley Theatre – The local theatre is managed by Surrey Heath Borough Council. The 408-seat theatre hosts many events and art productions such as music concerts, comedy evenings, and cinema films. The theatre is also often used by various local and visiting artists such as musicians, actors, painters, etc.
Due to the high volume of places to socialise and shop, the town receives a lot of visitors who pass through to visit. Capture the attention of these new audiences with an eye-catching billboard that they’ll see on their way into town!
Our Billboards in Camberley
The roundabout in Camberley is a high-impact location for businesses that want to implement billboard advertising into their marketing plan. Currently, we have four billboards located in Camberley. Three billboards are a standard 48-sheet size, and one is a large 96-sheet billboard.
They’re all located on Admiralty Way, which means they’re seen weekly by more than 200,000 commuters emerging from the A331 or heading towards the M3. Their location on the busy roundabout proves advantageous as the heavy traffic passing through the area moves slowly allowing a lot more time for drivers to read and absorb the content of the billboard adverts.
Interested in our Camberley billboards? Contact our team at 0207 112 8624 or email@example.com.